Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jack-O-Lantern pie

JP was asked to be Godfather to John, but before we headed out to CT this morning for the Baptism, I made pies...one to share, and one for me. uh, well, you get the idea.

We carve the pumpkins on Halloween. After trick-or-treating, I cut the pumpkins in half, bake @ 350 in a pan w/an inch of water for about an hour. Scoop 'em out, let drain in a colander overnight. Puree in a food processor, and the pumpkin is ready.

Mix ingredients in the order given:
2 cps pumpkin
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sugar (brown or white)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
12oz can evap milk

Pour into (9in.) pastry shell. Bake @ 425 for 15 min., reduce temp to 350, and continue baking for 45 min., or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. I usually double these spices, since they are my favorites! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you! All sharing recipes, pics of pies... Suzie's gonna be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, my Suzie here--you make my heart proud! Coming out of your shell darrrrling...LOL!

    ReplyDelete